The National Institute for Innovation in Manufacturing Biopharmaceuticals (NIIMBL) is pleased to announce Project Call 2.2. This project call seeks proposals addressing technology and workforce needs in high priority areas identified by industry members.
NIIMBL intends to make up to $4.5M of funding available for technology and workforce development projects.
The Project Call 2.2 Request for Proposal (RFP) documents detail the process and requirements for this project call. The documents can be found at niimbl.org/project-call-2-2. An RFP webinar will be held on Wednesday, December 5, 2019. Register here. The webinar is open to NIIMBL members and non-members.
Technology priority topic areas for this call include (in no particular order):
· Process Analytical Technologies (PAT)
· Rapid release of Drug Substance and Drug Product
· Viral Clearance Technology Development
· Cell Line Development and Engineering
· Manufacturing Platforms for Cell Therapy Products
· Drug Substance Manufacturing -Chromatography Technology Development
· Continuous Processing Technology Development –Biologics
· Scale-down Equipment and Models for Biologics Manufacturing Process Development
· Improved Drug Product Stability
· Novel Materials for Biomanufacturing
· Improved Host Cell Protein Detection/Analysis
· Novel Methods for Characterization of Live Cell Products
· Improved Cryopreservation or Cell Preservation Technologies
· Standardized Data Structures
Workforce proposals should address the following categories (in no particular order):
· De-Risked Training Environments
· Technical Training Capacity-Building Projects
· Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality Training
· Industry Immersion Frameworks
· Best Practice Research
Project Call 2.2 will follow a two-stage submission process. The Stage 1 Concept Phase requires a maximum 4-page concept paper which is due by 5:00 pm EST on Thursday, January 10, 2019. Following concept submissions, proposers will be invited to participate in the Project Call 2.2 Summit, where they have opportunities to discuss their idea including a brief presentation and poster session. The concept phase concludes with invitations to submit a full proposal. Full proposals are due by 5:00 pm EST on Thursday, May 9, 2019. Additional information on each stage can be found in the RFP.
For the Concept Phase, only the lead proposer must be an individual from a NIIMBL member organization or a federal employee. At the Full Proposal Phase, the lead proposer and the proposed project team must be NIIMBL members. In order to participate on a proposal team, an organization must submit a partially executed Membership Agreement by 5:00 pm ET on Monday, April 29, 2019.
For more information, please visit niimbl.org/project-call-2-2.